Forum » Fernweh

ACE 16.3 Primemesh

Angemeldet: 1 Jahr(en) zuvor
geschrieben 08:38 2.9.2016   [ zitieren ]

The Gunners' acquisition of Shkodran Mustafi and Lucas Perez has had no impact on their odds of 9/1 with Sky Bet to win the Premier League, but Nicholas insists that they are now ready to challenge Manchester City and United, who currently head outright market at 11/8 and 5/2 respectively.

X 16+ purechaos black The Soccer Saturday pundit said: "I think the team that needed to do business more than anyone else was Arsenal and Arsene Wenger has successfully identified the two areas, positions I've been on about for five years, and signed a centre-back and a striker.

"Unfortunately they now start five points behind but it's time for Arsenal fans to move on and be positive again because they've come out this transfer window with a squad capable of challenging the Manchester clubs.

ACE 16.3 Primemesh "Both City and United got their transfers done early and you'd probably have to say United did the best business in terms of balance as Jose Mourinho went out and added to each area of his team, while Pep Guardiola has started to impose his vision on City."

Chelsea, along with the two Manchester outfits, have a 100 per cent record from their opening three games and strengthened defensively on deadline day, spending over £50m to land Marcos Alonso and David Luiz.

Nicholas added: "I'm not really impressed with what Chelsea have done and they haven't really been convincing so far. They're still relying on Eden Hazard performing and Diego Costa not getting sent off.

"They surprised everyone by going back in for the loose cannon Luiz and I can only think that Antonio Conte sees a problem with Gary Cahill and John Terry to do that deal, because Luiz doesn't seem like his sort of player."

Nicholas is also critical of Spurs' business after they made a late move to beat Everton to the signing of Moussa Sissoko from Newcastle.

He said: "I think Spurs are mad spending £30m on Sissoko but they wanted some bodies in. Mauricio Pochettino hasn't strengthened a lot and Daniel Levy, who is usually a tough negotiator, got a bit caught out with having to pay that amount of money.

"I do wonder where Sissoko will fit in as well. Does Erik Lamela or Christian Eriksen miss out? Or does one of the central-midfielders get sacrificed? Because surely they haven't spent £30m on a player who is going to sit on the bench."

MercurialX red The business of Leicester and Liverpool have also left Nicholas puzzled, with the champions breaking their club record to land Islam Slimani while Jurgen Klopp failed to strengthen his defence.

"I can't actually work out what Leicester are trying to do," Nicholas observed. "They signed Ahmed Musa and now they've signed another striker from Sporting, when they've already got Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki.

magista obra ii yellow "It felt like the owners had taken over the transfer dealings on deadline day and flexed their financial muscles whilst Claudio Ranieri slipped away.

superfly v blue "In the meantime there was nothing happening at Liverpool, leaving James Milner and Alberto Moreno as their left-back options. They're obviously very strong going forward but there's always a mistake in Simon Mignolet and I did think they'd add a really top quality central-defender."

Entschuldige, aber Du mußt Dich einloggen, um an der Diskussion teilnehmen zu dürfen.